You are Here: Home Page
Forward: About Declercq Publications Team Lab Topics Lab Facilities Georgia Tech Lorraine CNRS
General: Contact Site Map
Prof. Dr. Nico F. DECLERCQ,
G. W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
UMI Georgia Tech – CNRS 2958
Georgia Institute of Technology
* Physics in Medicine - Editor-in-Chief
* Board of the International Congress on Ultrasonics - Member and former President
* Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation - Associate Editor
* European Journal of Acoustics (Acta Acustica united with Acustica) - Associate Editor
* Journal of Vibration and Control - Associate Editor
* Société Française d’Acoustique – conseiller du Conseil d'Administration
* born in Belgium in 1975, in Kortrijk (Courtrai).
* BS Physics from the Catholic University of Louvain – Campus Kortrijk (KULAK) in 1996
* MS Physics (Astrophysics) from the Catholic University of Louvain (KUL) in 2000, cum laude.
* PhD degree Engineering Physics from Ghent University (UG) in 2005, Summa Cum Laude and with Congratulations from the Jury (international PhD reading committee).
* Tenured Associate Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology: George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering in Atlanta GA, USA, with primary duties at the Georgia Tech Lorraine Campus in Metz-France (at the International UMI Georgia Tech – CNRS 2958 laboratory). Summer 2006 - present.
* International Dennis Gabor Award 2006
* ICA Early Career Award 2007 from the International Commission for Acoustics "For outstanding contributions to ultrasonics, particularly for studies of propagation and diffraction of acoustic waves".
* Georgia Tech Sigma Xi Young Faculty Award in 2008
* 3 best paper awards (2 Acoustical Society of America and 1 Ultrasonics International).
* Declercq teaches classes to Undergrad students, Master students and PhD students. He is also mentoring other teachers.
Website last updated on samedi 7 octobre 2017.
About the flax banner at the top of this page: Nico F. Declercq is the grandson of Michel A. R. Declercq (Wielsbeke 1906 - Deerlijk 1963), an erudite farmer and flax merchant born at Wielsbeke in Belgium not far from Kortrijk along the Golden River. Nowadays carbon fiber reinforced composites typically contain carbonized flax fibers and are one of the main research topics of Declercq's team at Georgia Tech Lorraine.