* born in Belgium in 1975, in Kortrijk (Courtrai).
* BS Physics from the Catholic University of Louvain – Campus Kortrijk (KULAK) in 1996
* MS Physics (Astrophysics) from the Catholic University of Louvain (KUL) in 2000, cum laude.
* PhD degree Engineering Physics from Ghent University (UG) in 2005, Summa Cum Laude and with Congratulations from the Jury (international PhD reading committee).
* Tenured Associate Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology: George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering in Atlanta GA, USA, with primary duties at the Georgia Tech Lorraine Campus in Metz-France (at the International UMI Georgia Tech – CNRS 2958 laboratory). Summer 2006 - present.
* President of the International Board (Steering Committee) of the International Congress on Ultrasonics : www.icultrasonics.org. The ICU is the World’s largest congress on ultrasonics and originates from The World Congress on Ultrasonics (WCU) merged with Elsevier’s Ultrasonics International (UI).
* President of The International Congress on Ultrasonics 2015, Metz, France.
* Founding Editor (and Editor in Chief) of Elsevier's Journal of Physics in Medicine (PhysMed, 2014 - present)
* Associate Editor of the European Journal of Acoustics (Acta Acustica United with Acustica, summer 2011 - present).
* guest editor for Elsevier's Ultrasonics journal
* member of the editorial board of several open access journals
* International Dennis Gabor Award 2006
* ICA Early Career Award 2007 from the International Commission for Acoustics "For outstanding contributions to ultrasonics, particularly for studies of propagation and diffraction of acoustic waves".
* Georgia Tech Sigma Xi Young Faculty Award in 2008
* 3 best paper awards (2 Acoustical Society of America and 1 Ultrasonics International).
* Declercq teaches classes to Undergrad students, Master students and PhD students. He is also mentoring other teachers.