Prof. Dr. Nico F. DECLERCQ,
G. W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
UMI Georgia Tech – CNRS 2958
Georgia Institute of Technology
* Physics in Medicine - Editor-in-Chief
* Board of the International Congress on Ultrasonics - Member and former President
* Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation - Associate Editor
* European Journal of Acoustics (Acta Acustica united with Acustica) - Associate Editor
* Journal of Vibration and Control - Associate Editor
* Société Française d’Acoustique – conseiller du Conseil d'Administration
* born in Belgium in 1975, in Kortrijk (Courtrai).
* BS Physics from the Catholic University of Louvain – Campus Kortrijk (KULAK) in 1996
* MS Physics (Astrophysics) from the Catholic University of Louvain (KUL) in 2000, cum laude.
* PhD degree Engineering Physics from Ghent University (UG) in 2005, Summa Cum Laude and with Congratulations from the Jury (international PhD reading committee).
* Tenured Associate Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology: George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering in Atlanta GA, USA, with primary duties at the Georgia Tech Lorraine Campus in Metz-France (at the International UMI Georgia Tech – CNRS 2958 laboratory). Summer 2006 - present.
* International Dennis Gabor Award 2006
* ICA Early Career Award 2007 from the International Commission for Acoustics "For outstanding contributions to ultrasonics, particularly for studies of propagation and diffraction of acoustic waves".
* Georgia Tech Sigma Xi Young Faculty Award in 2008
* 3 best paper awards (2 Acoustical Society of America and 1 Ultrasonics International).
* Declercq teaches classes to Undergrad students, Master students and PhD students. He is also mentoring other teachers.